Welcome to another hot, sticky August in Virginia. We are all feeling the heat, and so is your lawn. Here are a few tips to help your lawn through the last month of Summer.
Summer Lawn Tips
- Most lawns in our area are Tall Fescue, a cool season grass. It does not do well when temperatures rise about 75°.
- Mow cool season lawns at your mowers highest setting. Preferably 3” – 4” high.
- Don’t take off more than 1/3 of the blade at any one time. This may cause stress and damage to the grass.
- Always mow with a sharp blade.
- Water the lawn deeply, 1” to 2” per week.
- Water early in the day.
- Remember to water plants, shrubs, and trees.
- Mulch your plants and trees to help keep the roots cool, the weeds down and retain moisture.
- Most lawns will survive the summer but will need some help to recover in the fall.
Looking Ahead to Fall
Fall is the very best time of the year to repair, restore and nourish your lawn. August is the perfect time to plan your Fall lawn care. Keep in mind that achieving a healthy, beautiful lawn takes planning, preparation and execution. In order to have a nice looking lawn in the spring and beyond, the work needs to be done in the fall. The big lawn care trio for fall are core aeration, seeding and fertilizing. These services will make a remarkable difference in your lawn.
Grass Roots will be happy to talk to you about the benefits of fall lawn care and what we can do to help achieve your lawn care goals. We offer many fall services to meet your needs. Please contact us for more information or with any questions you may have. Check out our website, blog, and Facebook page for additional information.
Thank you for voting.
We are happy to tell you that for the 3rd year in a row, we have been voted the First Place Winner in our category of “Best Home Improvement Company” for the Fredericksburg Parent and Family Favorites Magazine – 2021.
It has been a pleasure serving you and we appreciate you trusting Grass Roots with your lawn care needs.
Have a great August!